Who is Tim Schneider?

Hi community!

My name is Tim Schneider and I have been supporting the crew of theagilehub for a few weeks now. It’s time to surface and say hello. By the way the German version follows below…

I have spent a lot of time in almost 30 years of professional life in highly agile environments in the military, aviation and e-commerce industry. I spent the last 10 years being the product owner of a successful online shop and while doing so I experienced not only a failed attempt of an agile transformation, but I also actively and successfully helped to shape an agile transformation in another context.

In all these years, I was able to gain a lot of experience and learn how to work successfully in an agile environment and achieve goals. However, I have also experienced influencing factors leading to failures….

I have also been able to try out different agile frameworks over the last decade, gaining sovereignty of action. While experimenting with those frameworks I was able to experience dos and don’ts and found out reasons why experiments succeeded or failed.

Some of you may already know me from theagilehub events, other meetups or conferences and at least those know that I am still inquisitive and driven by the motivation of constant improvement. I love processes but the human being, it’s needs and well being have always been my prime objective.

Since this is kind of rare in professional life and therefore causing impediments at work all the time, I also developed a passion for leadership and psychology through plenty of trigger moments at work, which I constantly devote myself to in private training and in sharing of blog posts.

That’s it about me for now. I am looking forward to an active exchange with you! Maybe at the next Mayflower Product Owner Camp? Feel free to contact me or connect with me on LinkedIn!

Best regards,
Tim

Deutsche Version

Hallo liebe Community!

Mein Name ist Tim Schneider und ich unterstütze nun seit ein paar Wochen die Crew auf theagilehub. Zeit sichtbar zu werden und mich euch vorzustellen.

Ich habe in fast 30 Berufsjahren schon viel Zeit in zum Teil hoch agilen Umfeldern beim Militär, der Luftfahrt und der E-Commerce-Branche verbracht. So war ich für die letzten 10 Jahre Product Owner eines erfolgreichen Onlineshops und habe dabei nicht nur den letztlich gescheiterten Versuch einer agilen Transformation, sondern auch eine erfolgreiche agile Transformation in einem anderen Kontext aktiv mitgestaltet.

In all diesen Jahren konnte ich viele Erfahrungen sammeln und dabei lernen, wie man erfolgreich in einem agilen Umfeld arbeitet und Ziele erreicht. Ich habe aber auch erlebt, welche Einflussfaktoren dazu führen, dass der Erfolg ausbleibt…

Ich konnte in der letzten Dekade ebenfalls verschiedene agile Frameworks ausprobieren und dabei Handlungssouveränität erwerben. In Experimenten erlebte ich so nicht nur Dos und Don’ts, sondern konnte auch häufige Gründe für Erfolg oder Misserfolg in Erfahrung bringen.

Dem einen oder anderen von euch bin ich vielleicht schon von Veranstaltungen von theagilehub, anderen Meetups oder Konferenzen bekannt und zumindest diejenigen wissen, dass ich wissbegierig und von der Motivation der steten Verbesserung beseelt bin. Ich liebe zwar Prozesse aber der Mensch, seine Bedürfnisse und sein Wohlbefinden stehen für mich immer absolut im Vordergrund.

Da man dies im Berufsleben leider nicht all zu oft vorfindet und es so meist zu negativen Auswirkungen kommt, habe ich auch eine Passion für Leadership und Psychologie entwickelt, der ich mich in privaten Weiterbildungen stetig widme und diese in regelmäßigen Blogbeiträgen teile.

So viel zu mir. Ich freue mich auf einen aktiven Austausch mit euch! Vielleicht schon beim nächsten Mayflower Product Owner Camp? Oder vernetzt euch gerne mit mir bei LinkedIn! Liebe Grüße,

Tim

2 Likes